NIAGARA FALLS PUBLIC LIBRARY FRIENDS GROUPS
The two following groups consist of people who strongly believe in and support the Niagara Falls Public Library, its staff and the role that the library plays in providing information and programs to the community. For more information about joining either of the two Friends groups, please call 286-4915.
Friends of the Niagara Falls Public Library
Friends are for :
- promoting the importance of the library in the community
- providing materials and equipment that the library could not ordinarily purchase from the library's budget
- raising funds for special library projects
- petitioning governmental leaders to maintain library funding and services
- volunteering their time to support library projects
President: Ralph Guerrucci
Vice President: Chuck Curran
Secretary: Lucia McGovern
Treasurer: Carol Brewer
The Friends of the Library meet on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:00pm, except for July, August and December.
Friends of the Local History Department
Our newest Friends group was incorporated on June 9, 1998. The mission of this group is to:
- help obtain materials pertaining to the history of the Niagara Region for the Local History Department
- assist the Library in the maintenance, preservation and conservation of the collection in the Local History Department
- promote and encourage the use of the materials contained in the Local History Department
- serve in an advisory capacity to the Niagara Falls Public Library's Board of Trustees.
President – Skip Dicamillo
Vice President –Jane Schroeder
Treasurer – Dee Roma
Secretary – Pete Ames
At-Large Membership: Larry Steele
Representing the Board of Trustees: Don King
Meeting Schedule: The Friends of Local History meet on the fourth Wednesday of January, March, June and September at 6:00 pm?
Last modified: November 2013